Ingredients: Yields: 12-16 cookies
- ¾ cup /170g. butter softened
- 1 cup /200g. white sugar
- 1 medium egg
- 2 cups /256g. all-purposed flour
- ½ tsp. /3g. baking powder
- Grounded Nutmeg to taste
- De La Grenade Nutmeg Jelly
- De La Grenade Nutmeg Jam
- Preheat oven to 170 degrees Celsius. Grease and line two baking trays with baking paper.
- Using an electric mixer, cream the sugar and softened butter until light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs and continue to mix until combined.
- Stir gently to combine the plain flour, nutmeg, and baking powder until smooth.
- Roll the mixture into small balls (2 tsps. of the mixture per ball).
- Arrange the cookie balls on the baking sheets. Create an indentation in the center of the cookie ball with the tip of your smallest finger, going one-half of the way down.
- Fill each indentation with a small amount of De La Grenade Nutmeg Jam or Jelly.
- Chill the trays in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Bake the cookies for at least 10 minutes or until lightly golden.
- Allow the cookies to cool for 10 minutes on the baking sheets before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.